David Tennant and Russell T Davies Interview

A new interview with both David Tennant, who plays the 10th Doctor, and Russell T Davies, the executive producer and head writer of Doctor Who, has been published on The Times official website today. In the interview they talk about the upcoming Easter special Planet of the Dead, why they are leaving Doctor Who and much more. An extract from the interview can be seen below;

Tell us about the Easter special, Planet of the Dead.

Russell T Davies: People are going to be Doctor Who-deprived this year, so it’s got everything in it: CGI monsters, prosthetic monsters, army, police, an alien planet . . . It’s our last chance to have a bit of a laugh. Now the Doctor’s facing the end of his life, it’s going to get dark.

Come the final curtain, will there be a dry eye in the house?

David Tennant: Well, I cried when I read it.

Did you make a pact to leave together?

David Tennant: We talked about it. It wasn’t a pact . . . I’d sort of decided. But then I nearly changed my mind again.

Russell T Davies: We had dinner and chatted about it a few years ago. It just felt right. The BBC asked me to do a series five, but I didn’t shift at all.


You can read the full interview on The Times official website here. Doctor Who Planet of the Dead will air on Saturday the 11th of April at 6.45pm on BBC One and BBC HD.