DOCTOR WHO FEATURE IN GAY TIMES

Gay Times

Press Release

In the new issue of Britain's longest-running gay lifestyle magazine (out now) we go behind the scenes on Britain's longest-running science fiction show, to bring you exclusive interviews and photos with new Doctor Matt Smith and new companion Amy Pond played by Karen Gillan.

We've got yet more exclusives with head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, costume designer Ray Holman, actress Alex Kingston, new 'companion' Arthur Darvill, executive producer Piers Wenger and writers Mark Gatiss and Gareth Roberts.

Want more? We've got additional (and exclusive!) interviews with Tom Ellis and Tracy-Ann Oberman.

And if THAT'S not enough, we've got a money can't buy competition to win signed photos of Matt and Karen, new sonic screwdriver toys, books, action figures and DVDS.

Matt Smith interview extract:

“What’s gorgeous about it is that I get to sort of confess to my imagination every day. So I get to play around in a mad, imaginary world every day, which is limitless and timeless, and endless and boundless. You know, that is as close as you get to sort of magic really, I suppose, in many ways.”

On being described by executive producer Steven Moffat as “Patrick Moore in the body of an underwear model”:

“The thing is, right, I’ll take Patrick Moore, fine. But I definitely haven’t got an underwear model’s body, no way, not on this schedule. All my gym’s gone out the window. God no, I take that as a gross over-compliment to be honest. And also! When the hell has Steven Moffat seen me in my pants alone?”