DOCTOR WHO COVERS RADIO TIMES

Doctor Who takes the cover of the new issue of Radio Times, out today, which previews A Christmas Carol and features an interview with Matt Smith and Katherine Jenkins. See a quote from the interviews below.

Matt Smith: “It was a great privilege to do it,” he enthuses, aware of the institution the Christmas Special has become since it was launched with David Tennant in 2005. “It’s something I’ve always wanted to do since I started the show. I love Christmas, plus I’ve always wanted to film something in July that has got snow in, loads of snow… it’s very Christmassy.”

Katherine Jenkins: “It was far worse than any nerves I’ve ever had for any performance,” recalls the mezzo unequivocally, a note of terror still audible in her voice. “I spent a lot of time thinking about it,” she adds. “It’s such an iconic show, and it’s one that we watch as a family. I just thought, ‘I’d love to give it a try.’