BILL PULLMAN: MIRACLE DAY WAS CHRISTMAS PRESENT

Bill Pullman, who plays convicted murderer and pedophile in Torchwood Miracle Day has revealed that he didn't have to finish the scripts before he said yes to taking the part.
"I hear the voice in the writing. This knows itself. It's a concoction. It's an ambitious motherf**ker, I want to be scary, boring, philosophical, funny, touching. I'm going to risk things. Exploding tension with the possibility that a laugh increases it. I didn't even finish reading the first three Torchwood scripts and I didn't even finish the second one. I got it before Christmas and reading I was like, 'This is Christmas for me'. It's like opening a present."
However, he doesn't see himself as the villain of Miracle Day.
"It clogs the wheels [to call him evil]. This 'You're the bad guy in this movie' kind of talk is a yolk. His point isn't to be sinister. I think sometimes people are [just] scary."