STEVEN MOFFAT TALKS HIS DOCTOR WHO FUTURE

Steven Moffat recently spoke to The Scotman about his future on Doctor Who, Series 7 and the Doctor Who Movie.

On his future on Doctor Who he said that he has no leaving plans set in stone:
“I genuinely haven’t got a plan, except I’ll probably have to stop at some point or I’ll die. And dying would be bad. But my main concern is not so much how long I do it, but that I absolutely, definitely am going to be handing it on to somebody else. I want it to be in great shape, and some day I want somebody else to come in and knock my socks off with what they do with it. You don’t want to be the last person in the relay race, do you?”
Regarding the move to Autumn for the show, he said:
“It’s done very well in the summer, it’s not like we’ve ever suffered from it, but it’s almost like an aesthetic thing. If you’re having to close the curtains so you can see the screen, that’s not a good time to be watching a show that’s largely about tunnels and torches. I think it’s a show you watch in the dark.”
He also revealed that the 50th Anniversary plans are in the "early stage" and nothing has been "set in stone":
“Why talk in the singular? Again, genuinely, the plans are at an early stage, but we have some very clear ideas about some of the things we’re doing, and I think Doctor Who fans and kids will think it’s the best thing ever. We’ve got a load of very big plans – the mere fact that we’re talking about this two years before the event should tell you how seriously we’re taking it.”
We reported earlier today that he claimed David Yates' Doctor Who Movie was "imaginary", and he has again blasted these claims as inaccurate:
“It’s completely inaccurate! There’s nothing there. I mean it would be lovely, yes. If anything, the only good bit about this is that it might actually focus our minds on thinking that we actually should do a film. But to state the bleeding obvious, it’s not going to be a different version of Doctor Who with two different Doctors at the same time. Of course not, we’re not that silly. That would be no way to run a franchise, would it? I’d love it to happen, but that version you heard was just a guy getting cornered on the red carpet and not really being on-message.”
See Steven Moffat's latest story, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe, on BBC One and BBC HD at 7:00pm on Christmas day.