Steven Moffat's Childhood Dream

The picture above was made by me.

Steven Moffat recently revealed that he turned down a £500,000 movie deal with Steven Spielberg, a very famous movie director so he could work on series 5 of Doctor Who. He told the Daily Mail how he quit the deal with Peter Jackson, maker of Lord of the Rings, to fulfil his child hood dream of working on Doctor Who.

Moffat said: 'I know a lot of people won't understand it but I've been dreaming about writing for Doctor Who since I was seven.

'There are no bad feelings between Spielberg and me, but Doctor Who has to come before Hollywood.'

The show has enjoyed a renaissance. I am working on scripts to be filmed next year. Russell T. Davies is doing four specials next and then my shows will begin. The show is all-consuming.'

One Hollywood insider said: 'No one walks away from Spielberg and all that money for a show no one has heard of. I mean, what is this doctor show about? It sounds a little silly.'

Steven Moffat previously signed a one Million contract to write the first two in the TinTin trilogy for Steven Spielberg’s £150 million but has turned the job after completing the first one and will continue his work for series five of Doctor Who. More on this story can be found here. What do think of this news? Please leave your comments. Thanks!

~ Zobles