PETER DAVISON TALKS 50TH ANNIVERSARY

image5th Doctor actor Peter Davison spoke to BANG Showbiz about the possibility of returning to Doctor Who for a multi-Doctor special for the upcoming 50th anniversary. He doesn’t seem to have faith in the idea however, see what he had to say below:

“I feel no need to turn my back on it, but I don’t feel like it’s the kind of thing they’d do, I’d be very surprised if they tried to do anything involving the old Doctors because it always takes a slight stretch of the imagination anyway to figure out why the previous Doctors look older, but I’m sure that can be done.”

“But at the same time I’m not sort of longing on it. I’m perfectly happy to have played my part to go back to ‘Time Crash’. I don’t feel like I’m hanging on a phone call from the ‘Doctor Who’ offices saying let’s do something special.”

“Unfortunately, there are less and less Doctors around to bring back. Maybe I can be in it without never having do any work and just turn up so they can take my image. Maybe the characters can into a computer and become animations -- that would be good. It could be like ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘The Simpsons’ or something.”

Peter Davison starred alongside David Tennant in the Comic Relief special Time Crash back in 2008, watch it in the player below:

Do you want old Doctors to return for the big 50th special?