EVE MYLES ANNOUNCES PREGNANCY

Eve Myles, the actress who plays Gwen Cooper in Torchwood has announced in an interview with What's on TV magazine that she is expecting her first child with her partner. She told the magazine that she has been pregnant for around three and a half months and that her life as a mother will not affect her role in Torchwood. An extract from Eve Myles interview can be read below:
"I've wanted to do this for such a long time, but I kept getting job after job after job. I thought, if I put this off any more I'm going to be 65. My partner and I decided this year was going to be the year, and we were blessed that it happened so quickly. It's the best thing that ever happened to me – we're over the moon. We went for a scan and my mum was there. And my mum went: 'No, it's not a Nostrovite! It's a real Welsh human!' But of course it crosses my mind – I hope it's not an alien! I hope we get a new series. I'd really like to play Gwen as a mother. It's not like I have to really save the world – I just have to sit in make-up!"
I would like to congratulate Eve Myles and her partner and wish them the best for the future. Eve Myles will star in Torchwood: Children of Earth which will air over five consecutive nights this June on BBC One.